The Society for Ritual Arts is seeking a highly organized and people-oriented Volunteer Coordinator. Experience with project management, recruiting, human resources or a related field preferred. You should also have an interest in ritual arts and familiarity with the academic peer review process. Subjects that our community members are interested in run the gamut from shamanism to consciousness studies, spiritual healing, environmental stewardship, and international activism for religious freedom–not to mention spirituality-themed music, art and performance. Any and all faiths welcome! Or none! We are globally-minded and work with artists and scholars from very diverse backgrounds.
Our immediate need is to recruit several new volunteers and have someone to oversee their activities. As part of that, you’ll be the one getting email to our “jobs” address, fielding all the easy questions, and filtering qualified applicants up to the Advisory Board. You’ll also help write the job descriptions and spread the word for them. Ongoing, we’ll be growing fast and needing someone to coordinate volunteer efforts at events, conferences, gatherings, festivals and the like.
Your schedule is entirely up to you, but expect to put in at least 5-6 hours per week.
While this is a volunteer position, for the right person it could turn into a salaried full-time Recruiter, HR, or Project Manager role in the next two years as we grow and become profitable. As part of the Society for Ritual Arts team, there will also be ample opportunity for you to be involved with exciting events and to meet artists, musicians and scholars from all over the world.
- Write or edit volunteer job descriptions
- Help recruit volunteers in various disciplines
- Receive, review and forward job applications
- Coordinate volunteer activities for journal publication, events, etc.
- Onboard new volunteers
- Maintain documentation of volunteer activities
- Contact people who have expressed interest in volunteering
- Make all volunteers feel valued and important through activities and personal contact
- Be able to dedicate roughly 5-6 hours per week, and attend events in the San Francisco Bay Area once or twice a year
- Experience working with people in a management capacity
- Nonprofit experience
- Experience working closely with volunteers
- Familiarity with academic publishing and the peer-review process
- Familiarity with any of the academic fields of cognitive science, consciousness studies, religious studies, psychology, mythology, anthropology, ritual studies, theater and spirituality/religion, mythic studies or anything related (surprise us)
- Enthusiasm for any aspect of ritual arts
You will report to the Advisory Board. The Society for Ritual Arts is a nonprofit organization currently seeking 501(c)3 status.
Send questions to:
Tell us about your interest and experience in ritual arts and volunteer coordination, using the form below.
We look forward to meeting you!