This journal accepts papers from many disciplines and is welcoming of all faiths and philosophies. We publish about 5 papers per issue that have been peer-reviewed according to academic standards. Final submissions should be 3000 to 10,000 words. Submit a short abstract using the form below.
If you have a finished paper ready for submission, send it directly to coreopsisjournalofmyththeatre [at] gmail [dot] com.
The peer review process takes approximately three weeks. After that, you will likely be asked to make revisions to your paper prior to publication, so before you submit please ensure that you will be able to dedicate time and energy to revisions and still meet our deadline for publication.
If your abstract aligns with the theme of an upcoming issue, we will contact you for the full submission. Before you submit, please ensure that your paper meets the following guidelines:
- Do not place any identifying marks on your paper.
- Include your contact information in the body of the email.
- Avoid the use of “he or she”, “he / she”—make your pronouns plural to avoid sexist language.
- APA style is required for all submissions. Refer to OWL APA Overview and Workshop for help with APA citations.
- Include your abstract at the top of your paper, under the title. A separate title page is not necessary.
- Submit well-edited manuscripts only. We do not accept papers that appear to be first or second drafts.
- Where available, provide URLs for your references.
- Submit your paper in .doc or .rtf format. Docx, pdf, and other file formats will not be accepted.
- Include: title, complete abstract, keywords, page numbers
- Use standard manuscript format
- Font size 12, Times New Roman, double spaced, 1” margins
- Do not place author(s) or artists’ names or bios on the paper itself when submitting for peer review. These items will accompany the published work.
- Turn off “track changes” and accept all edits to your final paper before submitting it to us. Papers with comments on them not be accepted.
- If you do include any footnotes, use endnotes.
- Include one line of space between paragraphs, and before and after block quotations. double space between sentences, and use serial commas.
- Do not justify text.
- Indent each paragraph one half inch.
- Indent block quotations one inch to set them off from the main text.
- Attach, separately, all permissions, acknowledgements, and credits for publishing artwork: including model releases and permission from the artist for accompanying photographs, artwork, graphs, audio, and video files. Specify a license for each attachment. If the work is your own creation, and you need help choosing a license, see our Licensing Guide.
Papers written by working artists who may or may not have academic training
Working artists are reviewed using different criteria. We love receiving submissions from artists and actively search for peers (other artists) to become referees for this type of paper. For art submissions that are not part of a paper, go to our Art & Multimedia submissions page.
Revisions are normal in an academic journal and occur for many reasons. Expect your paper to undergo some revision before publication. We work closely with authors to make this as positive an experience as possible.
Regarding human subject research material
Attach proof of fully informed human subject research under IRB international law guidelines. Please keep all subject identities confidential, but be prepared to defend your research. Your paper will not be published without this information.